The SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities is organized every even year, since 2004. The aim of the school is to introduce interested students to the basics of various imprecise probability topics, both theoretical and applied.
Some of the best specialists in different aspects of imprecise probabilities lecture, for about one week, on the main concepts and techniques in their area of expertise, in a friendly environment favouring interaction between participants. An important part of the time is devoted to the resolution of proposed exercises involving applied problems.
SIPTA School 2024
The eleventh SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities will be hosted at Ghent University, in August 2024. More information will be made available by the organisers in due course.
SIPTA School 2022
The Tenth SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities was hosted at the University of Bristol from August 15 to August 19, 2022. It was organised by the Epistemic Utility for Imprecise Probability group and funded generously by the European Research Council under the Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (grant 852677). The school was a hybrid event, involving both in-person sessions and virtual attendance via Zoom. We had 55 in-person participants with virtual attendance averaging in the 20s. The high attendance was likely due to (i) the hard work of past SIPTA summer school organisers and the reputation that the school has earned, (ii) the fantastic line-up of speakers, (iii) the inclusive nature of the Tenth SIPTA School which brought together both the philosophical and SIPTA communities, and (iv) bursaries which allowed students to travel from around the world. A full list of the topics and speakers is available on the school's website, as are lecture materials (slides and exercises).
Thank you to all of the presenters and attendees!
SIPTA School 2020/2021
The Ninth SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities was organised by the Liverpool Institute for Risk and Uncertainty, UK. It was initially scheduled to take place in July 2020, in Liverpool, but had to be postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak. It eventually took place online during the winter of 2020-2021, as a series of seperate lectures. All the school material, including recordings of the lectures, is available here.
SIPTA School 2018
The Eight SIPTA Summer School took place in Oviedo (Spain) from the 24th to 28th of July 2018. It introduced the main theoretical aspects of imprecise probability models, and belief functions in particular, as well as their applications to machine learning, decision making and engineering.
Previous SIPTA Schools
- Tenth SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities> August 15-19 2022 - Bristol
- Ninth SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities> Winter 2020-2021, online
- Eighth SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities> July 24-28, 2018 - Oviedo
- Seventh SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities August 29 to September 2, 2016 - Durham
- Sixth SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities July 21-25, 2014 - Montpellier
- Fifth SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities July 16-20, 2012 - Pescara
- Fourth SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities September 1-6, 2010 - Durham
- Third SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities July 2-8, 2008 - Montpellier
- Second SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities July 24-28, 2006 - Madrid
- First SIPTA School on Imprecise Probabilities July 27-31, 2004 - Lugano