Besides the ISIPTA conferences and SIPTA schools that are organised by SIPTA, there are also various other events that provide a forum for presenting and discussing work on imprecise probabilities. If you’re looking for an informal workshop with plenty of opportunity for intense discussions, you might want to attend a WPMSIIP. For more formal events, you can check out our list of forthcoming conferences that welcome contributions on imprecise probabilities, or that organize special sessions or tutorials on imprecise probabilities.
The Workshop on Principles and Methods of Statistical Inference with Interval Probability (with its tongue-twister abbreviation WPMSIIP) is a yearly workshop related to interval probabilities and, more generally, imprecise probabilities. Since its first edition in 2008, it has been steadily organised until 2019. Sadly, the COVID-19 pandemic forced a break in 2020 and 2021.
In contrast with conferences, WPMSIIP focuses less on formal presentation of finished work, and more on informal discussions about new lines of research. For the recent editions, more information is available on the websites of the events.
- WPMSIIP '19: 9-13 September 2019, Durham (UK).
- WPMSIIP '18 30 July-1 August 2018, Oviedo (Spain).
- WPMSIIP '17 11-15 September 2017, Compiègne (France).
- WPMSIIP '16 2-6 September 2016, Durham (UK).
- WPMSIIP '15 1-6 September 2015, Munich (Germany). blogpost
- WPMSIIP '14: 8-12 September 2014, Ghent (Belgium). blogpost
- WPMSIIP '13 5-10 September 2013, Lugano (Switzerland). blogpost
- WPMSIIP '12: 10-15 September 2012, Munich (Germany). blogpost
- WPMSIIP '11: 5-9 September 2011, Ljubiana (Slovenia).
- WPMSIIP '10: 6-10 September, Durham (UK).
- WPMSIIP '09: 9-15 2009, Munich (Germany).
- WPMSIIP '08: Durham (UK).
Conferences, Special Sessions and Tutorials
The following list provides basic information about forthcoming conferences, special sessions or tutorials that may be of interest to the SIPTA community. If you are aware of an event that you think should be included in this list, please contact our Executive Editor.
IPMU 2022, July 11-15 2022, Milan, Italy. Enrique Miranda and Ignacio Montes organise a special session on theoretical and applied aspects of Imprecise Probabilities. Submission instructions are available here. Submission deadline: January 14, 2022.
SMPS 2022, September 14-16 2022, Valladolid, Spain. Enrique Miranda and Arthur Van Camp organise a special session entitled Theoretical and Applied Aspects of Imprecise Probabilities. Submission instructions are available here. Submission deadline: April 8, 2022.