We are SIPTA, the Society for Imprecise Probabilities: Theories and Applications, and we are convinced that there is more to uncertainty than probabilities. There is much more, in fact. Would you like to use probabilities but don’t know their exact values? Or would you like to model uncertainty without any probabilities at all? Know then that there are numerous mathematical models that can measure chance or uncertainty without sharp numerical probabilities. We refer to these as imprecise probabilities.
Would you like to know more? Do you work on these topics but don’t know the community that well? SIPTA aims to connect you to the right people, direct you to relevant events, and provide you with basic information and resources. Make sure to subscribe to our mailing list or Twitter feed, and hopefully we’ll see each other at SIPTA’s next seminar, conference or school.
- 26-04-2022Blog post on imprecise probabilities and quantum mechanics [ more ]
- 15-04-2022You can follow us on twitter at @SIPTAtweets [ more ]
- 14-04-2022Our mailinglist has migrated to firstname.lastname@example.org [ more ]
- 15-02-2022Registration for the SIPTA school 2022 is open [ more ]
- 20-03-2021Video recordings of the SIPTA school 2020/2021 are available [ more ]